Ok, so I'm really not 100% sure how to pronounce that one, but you'll see what I'm talking about soon.
So I'm at work today, like I am every single day almost, and I'm just going about my business. I think I was pulling food for the 30+ dogs we have on the adoption floor. Anyway, my co-worker comes running into the dish room and the following conversation commences:
"Amber, do you know anything about that kitten in the condos?"
"Uh, what do you mean? There's lots of kittens there."
"No, I mean the baby kitten."
"Haha, baby kitten. That's like saying baby infant. Or kid child. ...Wait. How in the f&*k? Show me."
So she leads me to the cat condos where, no lie, there is an adult cat and a two day old kitten, eyes shut, umbilical cord still roughly in tact. This is EXTREMELY bizarre. All of the cats at the shelter are spayed before they're put on to the adoption floor. There is no possible way for a cat to have kittens if it's spayed. So the next conversation commences:
"See Amber, I told you!"
"Well damn. So wait, how'd it get in there?"
"I have no idea!"
"Haha, maybe they left it in there [inside the mom] for a little longer. It's warm in there. I wouldn't wanna leave either."
So we toyed around with the idea that maybe a community service worker got irked with us for not taking in a newborn kitten and took it upon themselves to take it in and stick it in poor Daphne's condo. I still thought they may have left the kitty in the womb for a little longer, just to chill out you know. But my ideas never fly. ...Or Daphne was really Mother Mary and the kitten was a feline Jesus. I liked that idea a whole lot, too.
A little research was done and we found out that somehow one of the techs got some paperwork mixed up along the way neglected to spay this cat who was pregnant upon her intake, thus baby Jesus cat was born in the adoption condo sometime Sunday after everyone had left for the day. No signs of afterbirth, nothing out of place.
I'm guessing that this is a hint at the Second Coming. Jesus is a shorthaired grey tabby with black stripes. His eyes aren't open yet, so you're safe for now. But watch your back.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment